MAX Series LIFETIME Warranty Details
This warranty applies ONLY to our MAX Series of light fixtures. Production of the MAX Series began in 2020.
Congratulations on your purchase of a DelphiTech™ lighting system. We take pride in having our lights manufactured to high quality standards here in North America. This warranty for your lighting system is between DelphiTech Corporation and the named purchaser at the installation address and is effective and commences on the date of purchase of product from DelphiTech for any defects in materials and workmanship of the DelphiTech fixtures and DelphiTech power sources. It has nothing to do with any warranty that you may have obtained from any installation service you may have purchased.
You must follow the guidelines and warnings outlined in this warranty and the installer must also follow our installation instructions. You must notify us promptly of any damage or malfunction of the lighting system as soon as you are aware of the problem as this may limit further damage. To help avoid problems, please notify us in advance of any work that is being performed that might create issues with the lighting system. Notifying us, however, will not invalidate any part of this warranty. Should you wish to do your own cleaning, please contact us for free guidance. For the LIFETIME fixture warranty, registration is to be done at DelphiTech.com within 90 days of purchase. The warranty period starts from the shipping date of the fixtures regardless of when registration occurs. Late registration acceptance is at the sole discretion of DelphiTech. Any registration after ONE YEAR (365 days) of fixture purchase from DelphiTech is ineligible.
Please refer to our installation instructions and warranty cautions to avoid unnecessary damage of new product. By being careful you can reduce the risk of having avoidable product damage.
Warranty Period for MAX SERIES Lights:
- Lifetime warranty for original lighting owner at original installed address with proper warranty registration at DelphiTech.com
- 75,000 hours (8.5 years) for all other situations
- warranty period starts from date of shipment from our factory – fixtures are serialized in production
A power supply if properly used should last between 3-12 years similar to the life of a laptop adapter. The average is around 6-7 years and a user installed replacement module can be purchased from DelphiTech for a fraction of our supply cost. A power supply if improperly used, won’t last very long. In all cases, regardless of warranty registration, power supplies* have NINETY (90) days warranty from date of original purchase from DelphiTech. See power supply guidelines at the bottom of this warranty for an explanation.
Our Light Warranty Includes:
- Defects in materials and workmanship for lights shipped and installed in continental USA and Canada
- Eligible for replacement/repair after an assessment from DelphiTech staff
- Our shipping cost to return your repaired/replaced light
How To Obtain Product Repair Service:
You may contact your installer first regarding product repair if you bought through an installer. Otherwise, please contact DelphiTech for any product repair.
Light failures are rare so your fixtures may be fine. It is possible that you may only have a wiring problem or a worn out power supply not strong enough to power all lights. DelphiTech provides technical phone support in English for any handy DIY or contractor.
No product can be returned without discussion of the situation with us first, requesting an RMA (Return Material Authorization) from us, and being granted an RMA with specific return instructions and conditions. In that process, we will tell you whether product is eligible for warranty repair (or replacement), repairable for a fee, or ineligible for any repair or replacement prior to shipping product to us. Certain things like water intrusion (a condition to void warranty and void repair) cannot be determined prior to us examining product. We do not cover shipping charges and costs associated with return of product regardless of whether or not product is eligible for warranty. In all cases, we will cover the shipping cost back to you for warranty repairs and in many cases for non-warranty repairs too. We do not return any product that isn’t working, so if you decline to pay for non-warranty repair costs, the product components will be disposed of properly.
This warranty is valid in Canada and the United States of America. This warranty becomes void in the event that serial numbers are altered, defaced, or removed. We reserve the right to make changes in design, or to make additions to, or improvements upon this product, without incurring any obligation to replace with an exact replica of previous product installed, should you request additional product or need service.
In no event shall we be liable for incidental or consequential damage arising from the use of this product, or for any delay in the performance of this warranty due to cause beyond our control.
The purchaser may have other rights under existing provincial, state, or federal laws, and where any terms of this warranty are prohibited by such laws, they are deemed null and void, but the remainder of the warranty shall remain in effect. This warranty is from DelphiTech™ Corporation and is NOT a warranty from any other party including registered installers. In the case of installing resellers of any kind, they may offer a service to handle a product repair for you but are not obliged to do so, and like other installing trades are not compensated by the manufacturer for any costs they may occur in performing this service.
WARNING: Your fixtures will be DAMAGED if they are painted, cleaned improperly, or conditions in installation instructions and warranty are not followed. Your fixtures will be damaged and unrepairable if water gets in either by exposing the connection points to water or if seals are broken because fixtures were not mounted in a protected area but exposed where ice could surround them. Your fixtures may be DAMAGED and will be deemed UNSAFE if powered by ANY other power source than a DelphiTech™ power panel.
This warranty DOES NOT INCLUDE or is VOIDED BY:
- Return without RMA (Return Material Authorization)
- Altered, defaced, or removed serial numbers
- Not respecting installation instructions resulting in fixture damage
- Water intrusion for any reason (cannot be repaired)
- Seals are broken because fixtures were tampered with or not mounted in a protected area away from hail, ice, and other perils
- Damaged by an unsafe installation – if fixtures are powered by ANY other power source than a DelphiTech power source
- Use of improper power sources to the panel or fixtures, or improper control mechanisms to the panel or fixtures
- Incorrect AC line voltage to the control panel, a direct lightning hit, or a nearby lightning hit that causes a transient surge in either the system’s AC line side (power to the control panel) or the transient surge on the system’s DC side (fixture wiring)
- Damage resulting from abuse, accident, misuse, and/or repairs performed by unauthorized personnel
- Any work or circumstance that damages wiring or connections, including wetting of connections or anything that creates a short or partial short on the DC power side, including a path to earth ground on the DC positive side of the supply
- Containment of any fixture in an enclosure that gets hot when in direct sunlight or attachment of any fixture to a surface that gets hot
- Fixture painting, wrapping, moving, remounting in unapproved ways that might compromise air flow, create excess heat, trap moisture or create other issues
- Soffit or roof problems including wood rot, ice dams, or other structural malfunctions of the building, whereby a fixture is continuously wet, or becomes encased in ice, or is submersed in water
- Plants and animals – interfering vine or foliage growth, and damage by animals including chewing of exposed wire
- Improper maintenance including excess dirt – mud (contact us first regarding cleaning or other planned maintenance)
- Malfunction or failure caused by or resulting from abnormal environmental conditions including fire, flood, hail or ice damage, severe wind, or any other “acts of God
- Any EMI pulse caused by solar flares, nuclear blasts, or other source that puts a large voltage spike onto fixture wiring
- Any soot, smoke, or dust, or excess heat that has compromised the fixture
- Any other parts including wire, connectors, and timing devices
- The labor of whoever you use to install our system including any professional or part time electrical installer, any installer you use, or your own labor
- DelphiTech fixtures installed outside Canada and continental US
- Older DelphiTech fixtures prior to 2020 MAX Series and any discontinued fixtures
- The cost of shipping product to us after we approve your RMA request
- Use of any dimmer on the AC side or DC side of the power supply
- Any other use or abuse not anticipated in this warranty but clearly having nothing to do with defects in material and workmanship
* Regarding above power supply warranty period, even though the power supply in normal use will last several years, improper loading of the supply or not following our installation instructions can permanently damage a supply very quickly. This kind of power supply damage won’t damage the fixtures, but you will need to purchase a replacement power module for a nominal cost. Hence because we don’t know how you have loaded the supply, we won’t offer more than a 90 day warrant on it.
Note: Any request for warranty repair must follow our RMA (Return Material Authorization) process. Complete fixture performance specifications including lifetime can be found at DelphiTech.com.
Copyright © DelphiTech Corporation 2020-present. Terms are subject to change without advance notice.