DelphiTech’s Warranty: Terms
At DelphiTech, all of new industry-leading products offer the same warranty coverage as you can expect from the highest quality LED fixtures on the market. We continue to stand behind every unit that ships from our very own North American lab in Ottawa, Canada.
Should you have a fixture that requires repair or replacement under this warranty, please contact us for an assessment. Should the product require repair or replacement, we will then provide instructions on shipping the faulty item(s).
What does the guarantee cover?
- Defects in materials
- Defects in workmanship
- Products shipped and installed in the Canada and continental US
- DelphiTech fixtures purchased in the year 2020 and beyond
- Products eligible for replacement/repairs, with a prior assessment from DelphiTech staff
- Shipping back cost (to get back repaired/replaced product to you)
What does the guarantee not cover?
- Return without prior assessment by DelphiTech staff
- Water intrusion (voids warranty of replacement or repair immediately)
- Altered, defaced, or removed serial numbers voids the warranty
- Not respecting conditions in installation instructions
- Seals are broken because fixtures were not mounted in a protected area but exposed where ice could surround them
- Damaged or unsafe installation, if fixtures are powered by ANY other power source than a DelphiTech power supplies
- Damage resulting from abuse, accident, misuse, and/or repairs performed by unauthorized personnel
- Any work or circumstance that damages wiring or connections, including wetting of connections or anything that creates a short or partial short on the DC power side, including a path to earth ground on the DC positive side of the supply
- Containment of any fixture in an enclosure that gets hot when in direct sunlight or attachment of any fixture to a surface that gets hot
- Fixture painting, wrapping, moving, remounting in unapproved ways that might compromise air flow, create excess heat, trap moisture or create other issues
- Use of improper power sources to the panel or fixtures, or improper control mechanisms to the panel or fixtures.
- Soffit or roof problems including wood rot, ice dams, or other structural malfunctions of the building, whereby a fixture is continuously wet, or becomes encased in ice, or is submerged in water
- Plants and animals (interfering vine or foliage growth), and damage by animals including chewing of exposed wire
- Improper maintenance including excess dirt or mud
- Malfunction or failure caused by or resulting from abnormal environmental conditions including fire, flood, hail or ice damage, severe wind, or any other “acts of God”
- Incorrect AC line voltage to the control panel, a direct lightning hit, or a nearby lightning hit that causes a transient surge in either the system’s AC line side (power to the control panel) or the transient surge on the system’s DC side
- Any EMI pulse caused by solar flares, nuclear blasts, or other source that puts a large voltage spike onto fixture wiring
- Any other parts including wire, connectors, and timing devices
- Any soot, smoke, or dust, or excess heat that has compromised the fixture
- The labor of whoever you use to install our system including any professional or part-time electrical installer, a registered installer, any installer you use, or your own labor.
- Shipping charges and costs associated with return of product to DelphiTech (regardless of whether the product is eligible for warranty or not)
- DelphiTech power supplies
- DelphiTech fixtures installed outside Canada and continental US
- Older DelphiTech fixtures purchased prior to the year 2020: if you’ve purchased an older DelphiTech model from 2003-2019, please contact us with the serial number to review the terms of your limited warranty
The purchaser may have other rights under existing provincial, state, or federal laws, and where any terms of this warranty are prohibited by such laws, they are deemed null and void, but the remainder of the warranty shall remain in effect. This warranty is from DelphiTech Corporation and is NOT a warranty from any other party including registered installers or resellers. In the case of installing resellers of any kind, they may offer a service to handle a product repair for you but are not obliged to do so, and like other installing trades are not compensated by the manufacturer for any costs they may occur in performing this service.